Guess who went super-healthy for a day?
Actually, it was just the morning; in the evening, you’d probably catch me with a doughnut in each hand (sorry not sorry).
So, I made a smoothie bowl for the first time! I was browsing through my Instagram (nothing new) only to find thousands of absolutely gorgeous smoothie bowl pictures, that made me want to make one for myself too, because, FOMO.
So, I took out my loyal blender and got to work. All-in-all, it took me about 10 minutes to make it, minus the additional 20 minutes it took for me to get good pictures (which I couldn’t, so I had to get my photographer a.k.a my sister, to do it for me).
What I realized was that a smoothie bowl was simply smoothie in a bowl, arranged in what you’d call an aesthetically pleasing way. If you’re not a fan of smoothies, you’d probably not like this any better. But, it is definitely a nice way to make your morning smoothie gram-worthy.
Very Important Tips
- ADD WHATEVER YOU LIKE!
Be extra and add some more fruits like bananas, strawberries, melon perhaps. I added bananas to my smoothie and the one thing that I did not like about that was that I may have added too many banana slices, to the point where it tasted more like a banana smoothie.
Make sure to add the right amount of fruits, if you are, depending on how you want your smoothie to taste.
- AVOID ADDING ICE
Adding frozen mangoes, and other fruits, in your smoothie when you blend it, is a better way to ensure your smoothie is cold, without it being too watery.
For 1 smoothie bowl; 1-2 servings (approximately)
– 1/2 cup of mango (100 g)
– 1/4 cup of yogurt
– 2 tbsp of honey (or any other sweetener)
– 1/4 cup of milk
– Bananas (or any other fruit)
– Nuts, or additional toppings like nut butter
- Take out your beloved blender (mine has gone through a lot) and toss all the ingredients in it (this includes your fruits, honey, milk, yogurt, and any other toppings).
- Blend away!
- Add ice, if needed, and blend.
- Take the smoothie out in a bowl and garnish it with your favourite toppings. I added almonds, desiccated coconut, and fresh mangoes to mine.
- Enjoy your smoothie bowl!
This smoothie bowl is absolutely beautiful to look at and tastes great! Share it with your smoothie obsessed friends, or have it all by yourself, I won’t judge.