Are you in need of a light & easy cake, to go with your evening chai? If so, you are in the right place.
Imagine a simple cupcake batter, but with aromatic flavours like coffee, cinnamon, vanilla, and walnuts to give it a good texture.
These coffee walnut muffins are mildly sweet, yet full of flavour. Tastes great with vanilla ice-cream, or a strong cup of chai/coffee!
Very Important Tips
~this simple recipe doesn’t have any important tips~
(what are you even waiting for?)
For 12 muffins (approx.)
– 1 1/2 cups of flour
– 1/2 tsp of baking powder
– 1/2 tsp of baking soda
– 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
– 3/4 cup of brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp of vanilla essence
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 2 tbsp of instant coffee powder + 1 tbsp of water
– 4-5 chopped walnuts (add as many!)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl. This includes the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and the sugars. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Once mixed well, add the vanilla essence. Now, add the coffee solution to the mixture.
- You should have a slightly runny batter. Now is the time to fold in the dry ingredients. Add it in 3 batches (this means to add some of the flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture, repeat this thrice, mixing each time, till all of it is added).
- Add the milk to get a smooth cake batter. Once mixed in, incorporate the chopped walnuts. Remember, you just want to fold the nuts in.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 5-7 minutes (oven temperatures may vary). Take this time to grease your cupcake liners.
- Fill 3/4 of the liners with the batter. Bake it at the same temperature for 20-25 minutes. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes (this makes a lot of difference).
And that’s it! You have yourself these extremely soft, feel-good Coffee Walnut muffins that are going to be scarfed down in minutes!